Overview - INTRACOR
Taking only 20 seconds to perform, the INTRACOR procedure is a gentle, safe, effective* and fast laser treatment. The treatment not only treats your near vision, but also maintains good vision at all other distances, intermediate and distance vision.
The INTRACOR procedure uses a high-tech laser system called the TECHNOLAS Femtosecond Workstation which is made by a German company called Technolas Perfect Vision GmbH.
The entire procedure is performed without making a single surgical incision through the surfaces of the cornea as the laser is targeted to only work within the cornea, in an area called the stroma.
Presbyopia is corrected by a very gentle all-laser process which accurately adjusts the central shape of the cornea, the front of the eye, to bring near objects into focus.
The INTRACOR procedure uses the laser to make a series of precise, microscopic concentric ring patterns in the stroma which result in a minor alteration to the corneal curvature to compensate for the presbyopia.
Unlike conventional laser corrections, the INTRACOR procedure maintains the natural shape of the eye during the procedure to provide a more personalised and accurate treatment.
The whole procedure is over in just 20 seconds.
Benefits of INTRACOR
- Convenient & comfortable - The treatment takes only a 20 seconds and is very gentle
- Personalised treatment the presbyopic correction is tailored to your unique eye shape and individual needs
- Immediate results Your near vision will improve in just a few hours
- Quick return to normal activities you can return to all your usual activities, including driving mostly after one day
- No need for glasses - Close vision is generally improved to a level that glasses can be completely discarded in most situations; many patients no longer need them
- Minimally invasive - the INTRACOR procedure does not involve open wounds or cuts on your eyes surface: the risk of infection is minimised
Clinically proven - the intrastromal treatment is effective and safe*
* Ruiz LA et al. Intrastromal Correction of Presbyopia Using a Femtosecond Laser System. Journal of Refractive Surgery 2009;25;847-854. Mike P. Holzer, MD; Annett Mannsfeld, MSc; Angela Ehmer, MSc; Gerd U. Auffarth, MD Early Outcomes of INTRACOR Femtosecond Laser Treatment for Presbyopia (CE study results) Journal of Refractive Surgery 2009;25:855-861.